Sunday, January 2, 2011

Washington DC

Kim and I are in Washington DC this week. It has been a great trip so far. We had dinner with my former roommate in Moscow, Russia...so Kim got to hear the same stories from somebody else's mouth!

Today, we went to the Arlington Cemetery. It was far more moving than I had anticipated. I thought that we could go the Tomb of the Unknown then head to President Kennedy's site then head out quickly.  Needless to say, we walked about two miles in Arlington Cemetery.  The number of tombstones was heart-wrenching and deeply moving. Words cannot express the gratitude we feel for those who have sacrificed for our freedoms.

Afterwards, we went to the Lincoln Memorial and the American History Museum.

Tomorrow, we are going to the Capitol and will be hooking up with Mark Meckler at some point.

I hope that our new electeds can get a handle on this mess and start filling the hole - the last crew of electeds just kept digging.

No comments:

Post a Comment